Studies show that physics plan checks have about 50 times the incident detection potential of IMRT QA measurements1. Unfortunately, 62% of incidents that can be detected by physics plan checks are not detected due to the checks' suboptimal design and implementation2.
ArtCheck service involves the design, initial testing, deployment, documentation, and ongoing testing, improvement, and adaptation of custom software that automates initial, weekly, and final physics plan checks.
The custom software:
- Queries and analyzes data from the Record and Verify (R&V) database (Mosaiq or Aria).
- Automatically extracts, parses, and analyzes documents (PDF or Microsoft Word) uploaded into R&V. The user does not need to upload these documents separately into the custom software.
- Facilitates its own testing by users.
- Ford, Eric C., et al. "Quality control quantification (QCQ): A tool to measure the value of quality control checks in radiation oncology." International Journal of Radiation Oncology* Biology* Physics 84.3 (2012): e263-e269.
- Gopan, Olga, et al. "The effectiveness of pretreatment physics plan review for detecting errors in radiation therapy." Medical physics 43.9 (2016): 5181-5187.